(*The practice video is all the way at the bottom of the page and has some serious bangers in it, but read the highlights and check out the photos first!)
Today was the qualifying day at the first ever Nike 6.0 BCN BMX Pro. 40 riders from around the world went at it to see who could move on to tomorrow’s finals. Some wild stuff already went down, and we are working on a video from qualifying so you can see all the bangers, but until then, check out these stills and a video from yesterday’s practice session.
Here’s a list of quick highlights of what my tired, jet-lagged, and sun-scorched brain can remember right now…
– Bjorn “Bommel” Mager went down a bit wrong and broke his leg. No legit word on exactly what kind of injury it is, but he was in a lot of pain and was taken off in an ambulance. Wish him well.
– Sebastian “Baz” Keep blasted pretty high out of a vert wall and landed nose first on the flat and was also taken away in an ambulance. No official word on his injury either, but he may have suffered a broken hip. Wish him well, too.
– Ok, now that the injuries are out of the way, on to the good stuff… Alessandro Barbero did a downside whip to whip (windshield wiper) air from a quarter to the steep bank.
– Garrett Reynolds did a nose wheelie to barspin 180 across a box, but my camera battery died seconds before he pulled it, so you’ll have to take my word for it. It was awesome.
– Daniel Dhers is still on top of his game and came out with a few new tricks today like a 360 superman seatgrab and a flair downside whip.
– A guy named Markus Braumann who I’ve never heard of before did a wild alley-oop fufanu transfer to tailwhip out. So sick. Wait for the video on that one!
– Mike Spinner is back on the contest scene after missing most of last year dude to a torn ACL. Triple whips? Sure…box and quarter.
– Dean Cueson is a bad ass and can do whatever he wants, including a triple truck driver over the box.
– Ben Hennon went high, fast, and had awesome lines. No surprise there. He’s always a treat to watch ride. He did a no-hander to superman. I hope my video angle of that one does it justice. So good.
– Alex Coleborn did a 360ish (barrel roll?) tailwhip. Butter.
– Annnnnnd a ton of other really good dudes did some awesome shit. Video from qualifying soon… Check back later for it.
1. Dennis Enarson
2. Daniel Dhers
3. Garrett Reynolds
4. Brett Banasiewicz
5. Ben Wallace
6. Gary YOung
7. Dean Cueson
8. Michael Beran
9. Ryan Nyquist
10. Mike Spinner
11. Alex Coleborn
12. Alessandro Barbero
All photos by Fat.
Yesterday’s practice video courtesy of Nike 6.0…