Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:00 am |
Full Factory’s Jim Bauer explains all the details and thoughts that go into Sunday‘s stripped down and sleek Rooster frame…
One Hot Product: Sunday Rooster Frame
It is no secret that trails everywhere are getting bigger and gnarlier. And nobody likes to pick their rear triangle up off the ground after a serious rear wheel hang up. The Sunday Rooster is the answer to trail riders everywhere who are looking to buy their last frame.
The Rooster comes with trail friendly geometry of 74˚ HT, 71˚ ST, lower 11.625” BB height and a 13.75” -14” CS length. The rear end of this bike is stiffened up by the Director style wishbone and a post weld 41 Thermal heat treating process giving the frame a lifetime warranty.
Sunday frame innovations are tested in our best aftermarket models before they’re applied to our complete bikes. Featuring function-driven design details to provide riders with ultra high-quality frames that are durable, easy to set-up and adaptable to every style of riding. Our features vary from frame to frame, so check out each frame to see it’s specific features list.
- Black Magic
- Dr. Pepper Red
- 41 Thermal Processed: The proven 41 Thermal process allows the frame to be lightweight AND strong. It means this design is backed by a legendary lifetime warranty.
- Black Magic Coating: Every frame is rustproofed inside and out before the finish is applied and the lightweight “Black Magic” coating is the best anti-corrosion processing that’s offered today.
- Integrated Headtube: The integrated headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength and durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Post-Weld Machining: The Mid BB is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Director-style Wishbones: Slimmed-down Director style wishbone is lighter and significantly stronger than previous versions.
- Non-sandwiched Toptube Junction: The toptube is miter-cut for a precise fit with the seat stays during welding. This increases the strength substantially over frames that use a “sandwiched” toptube at this junction.
- Double Butted Seattube: Internally double-butted seat tube is used to save weight, but provide strength.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays: Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Seat Clamp: All Sunday frames come with a removable, ultra-slim, 2014-T6 aluminum seat clamp with replaceable hardware and self-aligning nut included.
- Angled Removable Brake Mounts: Angled removable ‘Vanishing Point’ brake mounts with ultra-durable, internally reinforced bosses that provide a clean look when removed.
- Cable Channel: This can be found on the underside of the toptube and cleans up cable routing while stiffening the toptube.
- Gyro® tabs
- TT: 21″ & 21.25″
- Angles: 74° HT, 71° SA
- CS: 13.75” -14”
- BB: 11.625″ MID
- WT: 4.7 LBS
TAGS: Frame, Jim Bauer, One Hot Product, product, Rooster, Sunday