Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:13 am |
Heroes of Dirt: Fundraising Effort
Your support will help us finish the film and allow us to reach as many audience as possible in as many outlets as we can achieve. Starting Fall 2012, we hope to release the film theatrically in select U.S. cities, followed by international in early-mid 2013. We plan to have at least 9 language translations and subtitling. Afterwards, other distribution outlets will include DVD, cable TV, VOD and the Internet.
Here’s a breakdown of how we plan to use the $50,000 in funds:
- Finishing Work: Sound Design & Mix, Music Licensing Rights (U.S. & Worldwide)
- MPAA Rating (film to be submitted and rated for public viewing by Motion Picture Association of America)
- 10+ Digital Film Prints for initial wave of limited Theatrical Release in Select U.S. Cities (estimated Fall 2012)
- Promotional / fundraising merchandise and S&H
Any funds that come in above the $50,000 will go to:
- Marketing & Promotion: website upgrade, social media, press release kit, online advertising platforms, print materials
- Movie Premiere Event (Lehigh Valley region, PA)
- Editing & Mastering of various versions / formats of film for different outlets in U.S. and International: Theatrical, Broadcast, DVD, Internet
- Translation and Subtitling for different languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin and Arabic.
- Additional Film and Digital prints for Theatrical Release in US cities (Fall 2012) and Select International Countries (est. Spring/Summer 2013)
- Staff to handle all of the above
SHOW OFF YOUR TRICK and GET REWARDED!
If you are able to contribute financially by showing off “your trick”, we have sweet incentives to choose from that we think you’ll really dig. You can start at the $5 Bunny Hop Level or you can move up to an X-up Level that’ll get you an original limited-edition movie poster, a Barspin Level with a movie T-shirt or cap reward, a 180 Level that includes a director/writer signed BluRay DVD and name on the credits, a 540 One-Hander with VIP-seat tickets to the Movie Red-carpet Premiere followed by All-access Pass catered reception party with Cast, Crew, Producers & Writer/Director, and all the way up to Superman SeatGrab, TailWhip, FrontFlip and even a 720 BackFlip Quadruple TailWhip that’ll credit your name an Executive Producer and let you take home the lead actor’s BMX bike used in the film!
HOW KICKSTARTER WORKS
Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative ideas and operates by an all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money is handed over. From the funds, 8-10% will be subtracted because Kickstarter has a 5% fee and Amazon Payment has a 3-5% fee. If we don’t raise our goal of $50,000 by the time 40 days are over on July 15, 2012, we lose everything, and backers’ money will not be charged at all.
If funding is successful and we have reached our goal, we will get your contact information including address, as well as merchandise size(s) if applicable. We will start working on getting those sweet rewards to you as soon as possible!
HOW TO PLEDGE
Go to KickStarter’s Page for our Heroes of Dirt project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroesofdirt/heroes-of-dirt-action-sports-drama-feature-film?ref=email
Click the green “Back This Project” button in the upper right-hand corner. You will be asked to input your pledge amount and select a reward. From there, you will go through the Amazon checkout process. You must finish the Amazon checkout process for your pledge to be recorded.
CAN WE EXCEED OUR GOAL?
Yes, and we need to! We’re setting a lower goal than what we actually need, so that we have a bigger chance at arriving there. The $50,000, at the very least, will cover our finishing work expenses, MPAA rating and 10 digital / film prints for theaters in select U.S. cities. The more we raise the better!
CAN YOU DONATE IN ANOTHER’S NAME?
Of course! We will contact the provided contact information once funding is complete to gather information so that we can get your incentives to the provided address. Just let us know the name you would like to donate under.
WANT TO HELP BUT CAN’T DONATE?
Become an Outreach Partner. Spread the word about the film in your community and receive a special Outreach Partner credit on our website. We’d love to discuss partnering with you, your organization, your community to help get the word out about the film. Please contact us and we’ll get the collaborative juices flowing! And of course we need your help broadcasting the Kickstarter campaign. Facebook it. Tweet it. Tube it. Blog it.
Official Heroes of Dirt Trailer:
KickStarter Fundraising Campaign:
Become a Fan: