Tue, Nov 22 2011 10:08 am |
Ride BMX is looking for a new Associate Online Editor to handle the daily duties of ridebmx.com. If you love BMX, spend your non-riding life online, are highly motivated, and have the skills to do the job, then we’d like to hear from you. Please read the job description below and click on the link at the bottom of the page to submit your application and resume.
TransWorld Ride BMX, the world’s leading BMX publication based in Carlsbad, California, is accepting applications for the position of Associate Online Editor. Our atmosphere is casual but focused on achievement.
Manage and create content for Ride BMX’s website, newsletters, social media pages, and other new media properties.
The Associate Online Editor will use these outlets to engage and grow Ride BMX’s audience.
Must work closely with Editor-In-Chief, Associate Editors, and Art Director with all aspects to execute articles, features, and solutions. This is a full-time position based in the Carlsbad office.
• Create, photograph, video, write, and edit exclusive web content, photo galleries, video edits, and other features.
• Work with magazine editors to create companion content to magazine editorial that exploits the unique strengths of print and online. Plus, determine current magazine content to be made available online.
• Develop new online projects—interactive features and tools, both defining and prioritizing.
• Contribute ideas in the development of new articles and features.
• A deep familiarity with Ride BMX and the BMX world.
• Should be highly skilled in digital photography, videography, and editing.
• College degree in Journalism or English is preferred.
• Previous experience with an action sports industry website is a plus.
• At least 3 years experience with a consumer-based website, strong knowledge of online environment.
• A great attitude, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills as needed to work among web development and sales department as well as full staff of editors and photographers, as well as BMX professionals and the bicycle industry.
• Ability to manage different projects and tight deadlines simultaneously.
• Any other creative/fine art skills and knowledge will also be valuable.
• Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to excel while meeting aggressive deadlines.
Please click here to apply for this position.
No related posts.