Wed, Mar 30 2011 9:05 am |
For more information and to apply for this position, please click here.
Ride BMX Art Director Description
TransWorld Ride BMX, the world’s leading BMX publication based in Carlsbad, California, is accepting applications for the position of Art Director. Our atmosphere is casual but focused on achievement. We offer excellent benefits including a 401K plan.
As the Art Director, you will be responsible for designing and assembling Ride BMX magazine published nine times per year, along with additional day-to-day graphic design-related needs including designing magazine features and departments, web graphics, marketing and event materials, logos, ad layouts, product graphics, basic scanning, and much more. The Art Director is responsible for the overall look and actual layout of the magazine. Must work closely with Editor-In-Chief and Associate Editors with all design aspects to execute concepts and solutions. This is a full-time, “in-house” position.
- Design all graphic elements of TransWorld Ride BMX including magazine pages, web graphics, marketing and events materials, and logos.
- Maintain compliance with postal requirements.
- Maintain archives, digital art files and job jackets of production materials for direct mail campaigns, renewals and billing collateral.
- Contribute ideas in the development of new materials or formats. Be aware of changes in the marketplace and collect samples of interesting graphics and marketing techniques for future consideration.
- Provide internal proofs in a prescribed approval process and interact with editors on changes and redirection.
- Report to the Editor In Chief on projects in the works, discussing creative decisions and scheduling to maximize effective design and productivity to consistently meet deadlines.
- Assist Associate Online Editor with web/email projects and promotions, and any web-related graphics needed.
- Create accurate web/graphic files and proofs for delivery to internal prepress and outside print vendors. Keep up to date on new graphics software or updates either through research or training.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Qualified applicants should have two or more years work-related experience as a magazine art director.
- Degree in graphic design with the ability to design (not just layout), or equivalent related experience.
- Proficient with Mac and print/web design tools including, but not limited to: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe CS.
- Solid handle on current magazine layout, and a creative approach to taking on a new position.
- A great attitude, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills as needed to work among production department as well as full staff of editors and photographers.
- Ability to manage different projects and tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Any other creative/fine art skills and knowledge (including photography) will also be valuable.
- Knowledge of HTML, Flash, JSP, and Dreamweaver is a plus.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to excel while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- An interest or passion in BMX is a plus.
No related posts.