Thu, Jul 29 2010 2:31 pm |
The park prelims were pretty wild, as can be expected from any X Games contest and here are some of the highlights from just hours ago…
Things to keep in mind while watching this video:
- There were four heats of riders with five riders in each heat.
- Each heat was a 15 minute jam session where riders took turns hitting the park for 40 seconds at a time.
- Out of each riders’ five or six visits to the course, the top two scores were combined to give an overall score.
- Pretty much all the riders had awesome lines, but unfortunately that was really hard to capture from our one camera angle.
- We are not allowed to film at X Games and risk getting our credentials taken away and being kicked out every time we break out the video camera, so hiding in the bleachers doesn’t allow us to have the best angle and certainly doesn’t allow us to catch all the bangers. (We try our best though…)
- Drew Bezanson crashed on his first trick and messed up his bike. He wasn’t able to get it fixed in time to get in two solid runs and post a good enough score to make it in the finals.
- Ryan Guettler is still feeling the effects from a separated shoulder suffered last weekend in Chicago, so he wasn’t riding at his best.
- I didn’t talk to him, but I would guess that there was something going on with Mark Webb (injury?) because he didn’t seem to be riding like he usually does.
- Since this video doesn’t even come close to doing justice to everything that everyone did, it is not fair to judge anyone’s run based off of this video.
- Gary Young is the man.
Click here to see our full coverage of the 2010 X Games.
2010 X Games Park Elimination Results
(*Top 10 ride in finals.)
1. Gary Young – 82
2. Brett Banasiewicz – 79
3. Diogo Canina – 76
4. Jeremiah Smith – 74
5. Daniel Dhers – 72
5. Chase Hawk – 72
7. Corey Bohan – 71
8. Craig Mast – 68
9. Rob Darden – 67
9. Scotty Cranmer – 67
11. Ryan Nyquist – 64
11. Brandon Dosch – 64
11. Garrett Reynolds – 64
11. Dennis Enarson – 64
15. Chris Doyle – 63
16. Geoff Slattery – 54
17. Mark Webb – 47
18. Morgan Wade – 46
19. Ryan Guettler – 44
20. Drew Bezanson – 37
TAGS: 2010 X Games, California, Gary Young, Los Angeles, Park Prelims, X Games, X Games 16